Prognosy is a fast-growing retailer of pharmaceutical products and essential needs of households. We live our mission of helping to improve the wellbeing of people. With the help of the great talents that constitute our workforce, we are known for consistently delivering value to our clients, customers, and the communities that we serve. We currently operate a chain of retail stores in Abuja and Lagos.
About this role
Prognosy is seeking to employ an experienced Head of Operations who will oversee all operational aspects of the company. The ideal candidate must be versatile and be able to effectively, efficiently and excitedly plan, coordinate and monitor different kinds of business activities concurrently. He must be an excellent leader who is able to routinely generate sound initiatives and take thoughtful decisions for the smooth running of the company. S/he will be reporting to the Managing Director.
At Prognosy, our work makes daily impact on people, and we strive to keep our reputation of good deeds by hiring staff that are aligned with our corporate values of integrity, selflessness, flexibility, customer centeredness, humility, and respect. This position may be based in Abuja or Lagos but occasional travels between the two cities will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of the business
- Direct and oversee staff to ensure that they are motivated and trained to carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure efficiency and profitability
- Direct and control production in the relevant business units to ensure that finished goods of the required standard are available to customers at the right times.
- Oversee purchasing to ensure that the company has the goods and services required for production purposes at the right costs and at the right times.
- Develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure safe and healthy working environments across all branches.
- Maintain good working relationships with all Branch Leads to ensure effective co-ordination of all company activities in support of corporate objectives.
- Evaluate overall company performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Act as the company’s main adviser on all issues relating to operational functions and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure that the company maintains its competitive position.
Required Qualifications and skills
- A degree in Pharmacy, Operations Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field. HND holders can also apply. Master’s degree in Business Administration or any commerce-inclined discipline preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience overseeing a large departmental store and/or overseeing a chain of stores is required. Sales Mangers/representatives of large FMCG companies may also apply
- Extensive operations management experience with in-depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles e.g., human resources management, procurement, inventory management, customer service etc.
- Outstanding communication and people skills. S/he must have demonstrable experience of managing internal and external stakeholders including regulators and government agencies
- Analytical skills to evaluate sales and performance data
- Excellent inter-personal, organizational, problem-solving, strong decision making, and leadership abilities
- Business acumen and entrepreneurial zeal and interest
- Computer literate, adaptable, self-driven, and an orientation to ownership culture
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to: email@example.com using the job title (Head of Operations) as the subject of the mail. This position is open until a suitable candidate is recruited